On Comfort Zones

never quit trying

You know what the greatest enemy of success is? Fear. Fear of messing up. Fear of not being good enough. Fear of being out of our comfort zone. So it stops us. It holds us back. Recently I've been thinking about fears and facing a few that I currently have in my life. And you know what? It's scary. I'll have this big idea, this desire in my heart, but fear holds me back from trying something new.

This plays out in our houses all too well. We fear picking out the wrong paint color, so walls go unpainted. We fear putting nail holes in the wall so pictures go unhung. We fear doing so many things, so we play it safe making the safe choices.

But you know what? If the biggest thing that can go wrong is that I embarrass myself or have to repaint a wall, than it is well worth it. At least I started. At least I tried something new. At least I can say that I tried.

:: Dare to dream and dare to step out of your comfort zone ::

photo credit

No comments