My to-do list

to do for January


Christmas stuff has been organized and put away and I'm in the mood for fresh, new, and simple things everywhere. In general, my house is pretty organized and things in their place - most times, not all times! Each year after the Christmas decorations have been taken down and put away, I feel a urge to re-organize, pair down, and simplify my house. I don't want to put the same stuff back on the mantle, I want to change it up. I want to bring in greens and yellows and white. I want houseplants around (although I know they won't survive for very long in my house!), I want to decorate for spring, I want to do some new projects. I want to go through each closet, drawer, and cabinet cleaning out things and reorganize everything! I do hope that I'm not the only one who has this mindset!!


effortless decorating workbook


There are a few projects that need my immediate attention though. I have this huge pile of baby girl clothes that desperately need organizing! 3 big boxes, 1 trash bag, and 1 other bag full of clothes for my little bee to grow into or clothes that she's already outgrown. I've tried storing them in different ways but nothing has really worked so far. So here they sit in my living room just waiting for me to give them a new home. 


baby clothes to organize


Another thing that I need to do is to find a way to organize and store our important files that we need to keep. I'm thinking the current solution has been outgrown, so new solutions are needed.  I did buy the box everything is in, so that's a start - right?

office files to organize


Somehow the toys and books in my baby girl's room have multiplied greatly and what was working for us is no longer working. Amazing how that happens, right? So I've got to figure out how to fit everything in her very small room. This is what it currently looks like. Impressive, no?

                4 Tips to Organizing Kids Toys
                How I Keep My Home Toy Free

baby books to organize


Lastly, a project that needs immediate attention is our bathroom shower tile

bathroom tile to fix


This past summer, my husband and I completely gutted the room and re-did the bathroom. It was quite the undertaking! The bathroom renovation took about 4 weeks to complete and we've been happy with everything so far, except for our shower. Just by looking at it, one would say there's nothing wrong with it. But each time you take a shower, water leaks all over the floor! This was our very first tiling project and it was pretty much a "learn as you go" undertaking. Nothing that we read said anything about a specific way to tile the shower curb. Well, I'm here to tell you that you need to make sure that you tile the curb with a slight slant going inwards. If you do it level or a slight slant outwards your beautiful shower will leak! Live and learn! So that is something that the hubs and I will be doing this week. Hopefully all will go well and we will get it done in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed that it will be easy to fix the shower tile slant!

What projects do you have planned this month?

No comments