Spring on My Mantel


spring mantle

I made some small changes to my mantel this weekend. I saw this yellow spring wreath at Hobby Lobby and decided that it was just what I needed to perk up my den! It reminds me that even in the bleak, cold winter months, spring is right around the corner.

Behind the wreath is an antique frame that I layered book pages over. I love the subtle contrast that it provides. On either side I put a simple topiary, letting the wreath be the star of the show. I made the topiaries, a simple week night project that you could do in 20 minuets. Mantels are such hard places to decorate! It seems like I'm always tweaking mine, but for now I'm enjoying my new wreath and topiaries. 

Sometimes it is hard to know what decorations to use when decorating for spring, that's why I rounded up my very favorite spring decor items. I also like to change out printable artwork around the house to something that speaks to the upcoming season. 

spring cleaning

I have also been doing some spring cleaning inside and outside my house, have you? Here are my best tips to use to
quickly clean the house and exactly how I get my yard and porch ready for the new season as well. 

Spring is also one of my favorite seasons to change up the home decor around my house. I double check to make sure I am not making any decorating mistakes and see if there is a new decorating project that I want to start before summer hits. I use this decorating workbook to help me brainstorm and get all of my big ideas down on paper to get them started! 

What decorating and cleaning projects has spring gotten you to start?

No comments