1. Pick up all clutter - Y'all, this one is huge and only takes 5 mins! Even if your house is clean but you have piles of stuff everywhere people think it's dirty. So move the laundry off the sofa and into a basket. Pick things off the floor so that you can actually see that you have one. Set your timer for 5 mins and get your children involved. Make it a game.
2. Lysol Wipes are your best friend - After you pick up your clutter, wipe all the surfaces down. I love lysol wipes for doing a quick surface wipe down when I don't have time to get out all the cleaning supplies. Bonus, lysol wipes leave behind a clean scent after you've walked away.
3. Clean your floors - vacuuming the living room floor and sweeping the kitchen does wonders to trick the eye into thinking that everything is clean, clean, clean. Who cares that your bookcases have dust on them? Your attention is directed downward and you can see vacuum lines while smelling the clean scent from the lysol wipes.
4. Light a candle - I don't do this on often enough, but lighting a candle is a way to say that you've cleaned your house. Bonus, your entire room will smell like that candle and give the feeling of luxury!
5. Don't point out that your house really isn't that clean - This tip is super important. I'm not going to tell you how many times I've been somewhere when this happens. People feel like they have to apologize for the things that aren't perfect in their home. Here's the thing, if you don't bring attention to it, people will more than likely not notice either! So the next time someone complements you on how clean or nice your house is, thank them and move on!
So there are the 5 things you can do today to trick your house into being clean. Try these out today and let me know how they worked for you! What are your tips for getting your house quickly cleaned?