Medicine Cabinet Organization

organized medicine cabinet

These days I'm finding that organization systems that worked in the last house don't necessarily work for the new house or aren't the best fit for the space I now have. I think it's important to constantly reevaluate if something is or is not working for you. Case in point - the medicine area. In the last 2 houses I've lived in, it was best for the medicine to live in a rubbermaid storage box, then when I reorganized the cleaning cabinet everything moved to 3 baskets.

medicine categories

 Coming to the new house, I automatically assumed that it would continue to work just fine if I kept it the same. So I put the baskets in the laundry  room and called it a day. Well, over vacation I started to think that maybe that wasn't the best use of space after all. You see, in the new house there is storage galore! Just in the master bathroom alone there is a long vanity with 2 sinks and a huge mirror that goes the entire length of the wall with storage behind 2 mirrored panels, a walk in closet, and a floor to ceiling linen storage cabinet that is huge! My husband and I don't need quite that much space so we have several empty drawers and shelves. Believe me, it's a nice problem to have! So I decided to use one of the empty cabinets behind the mirror to house all the medical supplies. 


medicine cabinet

Everything was already grouped together so it made this a quick 20 minuet project to do. I put everything up, making sure to group like items together, and the medicine cabinet was born.


medicine cabinet after

I already had the plastic containers and the glass cups making this a $0 organization project! I love it when that happens. I also love labels so I made those and rearranged a couple of items.


labels and categories

I simply love the fact that I can see exactly what I have and if I'm running low on a particular item. 

neatly labeled

medicine in place

So that's what I did this past weekend, a quick 20 minuet organization project. How about you? Any re-organizers out there? 

1 comment

  1. Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I've really loved surfing around your blog posts.
    After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very
    soon!

    ReplyDelete