Quick and Easy Apron

how to make a apron

This past weekend I made an apron. I've been wanting to do it since Christmas and finally did it. This apron is super cute and relatively easy to put together. It took me about 3 hours to sew - 1 for the main body, than 2 for the apron strings and neck ties. I'm not quite sure why it took so long to cut out and sew all the strings/ties, perhaps I took too long talking on the phone cutting everything out.  I used this apron tutorial. The only changes I made were these: 

  • My apron strings about 5 or 6 inches shorter. I found that 43'' is much too long.
  • The directions on how to sew the strings onto the apron are a bit unclear to me so this is what I did - Wait to sew them on until the main body of the apron is complete. Fold up your waistband fabric about 1/4'' (so you don't see the raw edges), then fold it up until it lines up with the rest of the apron. Tuck the apron string under the folded waistband edge, then fold the string over everything. Sew 2 different lines to reinforce the apron string.
how to sew the strings on an apron

And that's it! Easy peasy. I made several of these aprons to give them as Christmas gifts this past Christmas and now I have one to enjoy!

                My Favorite Floral Fabrics
                Making Baby Hair Clips

What have you been sewing lately?

No comments