How to Make a Jewelry Board

how to make a jewelry board


Last year, I shared how I keep my jewelry organized. I truly love this system! It works wonders for me but, I was tired of the yellow. It really wasn't working with the direction I'm wanting to take in the master bedroom. So, it was time for a quick re-do.

jewelry board to recover

This time around, I wanted a white background so that the fabric wouldn't compete for attention with the different colored jewelry. I started with a small bit of quilt batting and stapled that on first. Than came some simple white linen fabric that I found at Joann Fabrics. Lastly, to add a little bit of glam, I used upholstery tacks all around the perimeter. 

You can get the detailed instructions on making a jewelry board right here.

jewelry board printable instructions


new linen board

I love, love, love how it turned out! I'm really glad that I put quilt batting on first, it made the fabric look better. I've been wanting to do a project using upholstery tacks so this was the perfect thing for me to try them out on. I had a few too many things crammed on the board, so I hung up some necklaces on the wall on either side of the board. Now everything has room to breathe! 

organized jewelry


silver bracelets

pretty babbles

earrings in egg carton

gold bowl for bracelets

long necklaces

I love having everything out in the open. The white linen was the perfect choice for me this time around! It's pure white and allows the jewelry to be the focal point as it should be.

before and after jewelry

Re-doing this jewelry board took about 30 mins tops. It is so worth it and I'm really glad that I took the time to do this. Now that you've seen how I store and display all my jewelry, tell me how you about yours. Do you use a jewelry box? In a drawer? Out in the open? In your closet?  If you make a jewelry board, I would love to see a picture! You can post a picture on the Facebook page. Don't forget to download the instructions so that you can make your own jewelry board too!


jewelry board printable instructions



make a jewelry board


No comments